Saturday 11 April 2009

How to trade

How to TRADE

So you want a trade?

GREAT! What better way to survive in this ressession mad world then to trade!

How do I find some one to trade with?

There are several ways to hunt down a trade -

Just ask! If you find an item you love but cant buy untill you make more sales just convo the seller and ask. Be prepared for a NO. Not every seller is trade friendly.

For more chance of them saying YES why not check out shops that have hearted your store or items? Check out this link for a list of hearts you have and those with shops http://www.craftcult.com/heartomatic.php

Search “trades” in the forum titles. There are often some great trade lists in Promos.
Post your own trade request in the “Promos” forum. (only use the promo forum or admin will come down on you like a ton of bricks!)

Check out the chat rooms there is often a trade room.

I’ve found my trade and they said YES! What now?

It may be worth RESERVING items – just change the title to “reserved for .....” and again in the item description write “DO NOT BUY UNLESS YOU ARE .....”

How do I pay for my trade without paying for it?

The last thing you want to do is paypal each other money – this means FEES! You should work out the total cost including postage for BOTH sellers and if there is a difference in price then then the buyer trading for more should paypal over the difference.

Example – I want a $20 bag that has $5 postage total $25 and you want $15 necklace from me with $3 postage total $18. I would pay YOU $7 which is the difference between what I want and what you want.

How do I set up “OTHER” payments?

Setting up your account for “other” payments allows you to complete a sale as a trade with out money exchanging hands. To set up “other” payments on your item go to -

My Etsy

Payment Metods (found on the left hand side under shop settings)

Check “other” and save it.

Now when some one trades with you they can select “other” payment from your payment options and you will have their details for posage as usual. However you will need to make sure you check the box for payment recieved under “sold (orders)” as it will show no payment.

HAPPY TRADING!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post, concise and informative. Thanks for sharing. I had success with some of the few chosen etsy sellers I traded with.

    ReplyDelete